The lack of accurate and up-to date network maps and documentation is a serious threat that has been festering for a long time. Despite the various network monitoring and management tools, Managed Service Providers (MSPs) are still struggling to maintain accurate maps of their customers’ networks.
10SCAPE brings an affordable solution for MSPs to create and maintain accurate maps without needing a large pool of network engineers to draw Visio diagrams.
Lack of accurate documentation is a top-10 overlooked IT risk
Beneath hot topics such as data breaches and business continuity - is a major threat that has been festering for many years – lack of reliable network maps and documentation. Left to fester, it’s a matter of time before this risk explodes into a major threat for those managing mission-critical networks.Lack of accurate documentation is a top-10 overlooked IT risk
Current Approaches are not working
MSPs rely on a combination of tools: Visio and network monitoring tools. These solutions have never produced adequate maps, but it wasn’t a serious threat in the past. With the exploding complexity of networks, these approaches are now a major issue.
Maps created by monitoring tools are not usable or flexible
Multiple issues prevent maps generated by monitoring tools from being useful:
- The maps are incomplete and confusing
- The tools are not flexible enough to make maps useful
- Views of virtualization are lacking
- Assets and connetions that cannot be discovered cannot be added to maps
- Pricing models are prohibitive
Maps created using Visio are too expensive, not scalable and error prone
Manually creating Visio diagrams requires a lot of people. MSPs with large customer networks often resort to employing a small army of people to draw each network by hand and often end up drowning in Visio diagrams. Maps created in Visio:
- Cannot be maintained when networks change
- Often lack port-level information because its too time consuming to add detailed information Having unreliable, inaccurate and out of date maps amplifies operational risk.
10SCAPE is an integrated tool to help you discover, document and plan network upgrades.
For MSPs with existing network monitoring and management tools
If you already have many existing tools, 10SCAPE’s open API will help you to import your asset information from your existing network management tools.
For MPSs using Spiceworks
10SCAPE now integrates with Spiceworks, a free network scanning, monitoring and management tool. MSPs can deploy Spiceworks at each of their customer sites and import asset information to get a full view of each customer network.
Document & Plan
MSP teams often use a combination of tools, that don’t typically talk to each other. 10SCAPE provides a unified platform to discover new customer networks, document existing networks and plan upgrades all from the same tool.
Benefits & Savings Business Case
10SCAPE’s helps MSPs tackle this large-scale problem of maintaining accurate maps and records of customer’s networks in affordable way. It does this by:
- Integrating with network management / monitoring tools to import data that can be scanned
- Reducing the manual effortof making accurate, useful maps
- Pricing models that make it affordable for to scale the solution to the entire customer base
10SCAPE makes it possible to save approximately $10K/year for every 1000 assets managed.